- About Us
- Areas Of Care
- Refer A Patient
- Contact Us
Occupational Therapy (OT) is a science based healthcare that uses special activities to treat individuals with physical, mental, sensory, motor skills and/or developmental disability to help them function as effectively as possible in their daily life at home, work or school. It enables them to do the things they need to do through the therapeutic use of daily activities (occupations). Occupational therapy practitioners enable people of all ages to live life to its fullest by helping them promote health, and live better with their injury, illness, or disability.
At Berlin Rehabilitation Center, we offer Occupational Therapy to children and adults.
- Pediatric Occupational Therapy focuses on equipping the child with skills and techniques necessary to take part in activities of self-care tasks (dressing, feeding, handling techniques, etc.), school productivity (handwriting, coloring, cutting and other fine motor activities), leisure activities (therapeutic play, social skills, play skills, etc.), as well as sensory processing skills (organization, self-regulation and behavioral state).
- Adult Occupational Therapy focuses on regaining lost function due to injury, stroke, or accident in order to regain/maintain a level of independence and perform all their responsibilities and tasks in their daily life.
What is the process?
- First, we would evaluate the condition of the client and determine with you their desired goals.
- we then draw a customized intervention plan to improve the person’s ability to perform daily activities and reach the goals,
- we proceed with therapy as planned
- We evaluate the outcomes to ensure that the goals are being met and/or make changes to the intervention plan
Our services are very helpful and necessary for children and adults who suffer from Musculoskeletal, Orthopedic, Neurological and Pediatrics Developmental disorders like:
- Autism • Cerebral Palsy • Developmental delays • Down syndrome • Cardiovascular accident (CVA) • Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) • Spinal Cord Injuries • Hands and Nerves Injuries • Rheumatoid Arthritis • Cognitive impairments/ Learning disabilities.
What can we help with?
The occupational therapists at Berlin Rehabilitation Center can help with so many skills, such as the following:
- Upper limb and hand function training
- Activities of daily living
- Developmental skills training (motor skills, play skills, sensory integration skills, self-care skills, visual-motor integration skills)
- Cognitive skills
- Visual perception and visual-motor integration skills training
- Home modification and architectural barrier free accessibility consultation
- Community living skills, home and school visits, evaluation and program, ergonomics
- Patient/family education
- Home Care services for chronic patients
- Assistive and adaptive devices, positioning equipment and wheelchair consultation and training
For booking a consultation, please contact us in this link.