- About Us
- Areas Of Care
- Refer A Patient
- Contact Us
Physiotherapy helps to restore movement and function when someone is affected by injury, illness or disability. It can also help to reduce your risk of injury or illness in the future.
At Berlin Medical & Neurological Rehabilitation center, we provide physiotherapy to address adults and children with various kinds of injuries or illnesses, including problems affecting the:
- bones, joints and soft tissue (musculoskeletal disorders) – such as chronic pain, back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain and sports injuries
- brain or nervous system (neurological disorders) – such as movement problems resulting from a stroke, multiple sclerosis (MS) or Parkinson’s disease, Cerebral Palsy, and spinal cord injury
- heart and circulation – such as rehabilitation after a open heart surgery
- spinal cord – such as paraplegia and quadriplegia
OUR MAIN APPROACHES
Some of the main approaches used by our physiotherapists include:
- movement, tailored exercise and physical activity advice – exercises may be recommended to improve your general health and mobility, and to strengthen specific parts of your body
- manual therapy – where the physiotherapist uses his hands to help relieve pain and stiffness, and to encourage better movement of the body. It can help improve blood circulation and help fluid drain more efficiently from parts of the body
- specialized treatment for neurological disorders – where our physiotherapists provide Bobath and Vojta treatments to enhance movement in children and adults with Cerebral Palsy (CP) and other allied neurological conditions
- caregiver and family training – where our physiotherapist trains the caregiver or family member to perform some techniques at home as support to the undergoing therapy, or as post therapy
- education and advice – physiotherapists can give general advice about things that can affect your daily lives, such as posture and correct lifting or carrying techniques to help prevent injuries
MUSCULOSKELETAL & CHRONIC PAIN
If you are feeling stiff or sore, or uncomfortable in your body, we are happy to let you know that we now provide a gentle treatment called Hanna Somatics.
Hanna Somatics is a gentle, sensible, and safe approach to recover from chronic pain. After just a few sessions you will start to have ease of movement throughout your life. It is sensory-motor training that works for all kinds of stress, injury, and movement problems.
Hanna Somatics works for children, the elderly, and actually everyone! If you would like to recover your wellbeing and enhance your life, request a consultation with Dr. Ahmed Al Hadidi in this link.
At Berlin Medical & Neurological Rehabilitation center, our physiotherapist treats and manages infants, children, and adolescents with various kinds of physical illnesses. We can detect any abnormalities in childhood motor development and use various therapeutic activities to ensure that motors skills, such as rolling, crawling, walking, running, jumping, are acquired without delays, compensations or asymmetries.
Stroke Rehabilitation is an important part of recovery after stroke. The goal of stroke rehabilitation is to help you relearn skills you lost when a stroke affected part of your brain. It can help you regain independence and improve your quality of life.
No one expects stroke to happen, especially in young adults. But when it does, Berlin Medical & Neurological Rehabilitation center is more prepared to treat it than any other place in Abu Dhabi. To find out how we can help stroke patients, please click here.
SPINAL CORD INJURY
Spinal cord rehabilitation is the preferred therapy option for people who have experienced pain and trauma to the spinal cord as the result of injury or disease. When a person has a spinal cord injury, he or she may become paralyzed, unable to walk again or to communicate easily. As devastating as this is on the patient, his/her family will also be hugely affected. However, there is reason for hope. Spinal cord injuries can be treated, and spinal cord Berlin rehabilitation is the first step towards a return to partial or full previous function.
The objective is to improve the range of motion of the joints, increase endurance and maximize function.
If the injury is moderate, there is typically some sensation or movement below the area of injury. At Berlin Medical & Neurological Rehabilitation, we help the patient get back on the road to recovery and maximize the functionality of his or her body.
Spinal cord injury rehabilitation involves a team of dedicated Berlin rehabilitation specialists who will monitor your progress and identify solutions that will help you overcome your impairments.
Damage to the spinal cord due to injury can be permanent. Although a lot of research in spinal cord repair and restoration is showing tremendous promise, at present there is no cure. In the absence of a cure, rehabilitation is essential in helping to move forward from the injury therapeutically.
Paraplegia is the paralysis from the waist down and quadriplegia refers to paralysis from approximately the shoulders down. Usually spinal cord injuries cause loss of sensation below the level of injury, including inability to control bladder and bowel.
If you would like to book an appointment, please click here.